Build Wallpaper Android Apps Easily with AppsGeyserAugust 21st, 2012
In the past, we’ve talked about making a family of apps. It’s not always easy to come up with related apps, so we’re striving to make it easier. Wallpaper apps have become very popular. These apps allow you to download various images to be your Android phone background. When you’re building a family of apps, one obvious choice is the wallpaper app.
The wallpaper app is great for a few reasons:
- It’s easy to make.
- It’s a very popular app style
- Since the wallpaper is on the screen all the time, it keeps customers aware of the related apps.
Now that I’ve convinced you to make a wallpaper app, here’s what you’ll need:
- Some images – either the images themselves or a link to the desired Facebook gallery.
- Your favorite image shrunk to the specifications of an icon. (72×72, png or jpg)
How to build your wallpaper Android app
- Go to http://www.appsgeyser.com/create/wallpaper/ (You can get there by choosing Create Now, selecting ‘more options,’ and choosing Photo Album.
- If you’re going to use a Facebook gallery, enter the address of the Facebook page, and choose the album you wish to use.
- If you’re using regular images, select the Upload Images tab, and upload your images.
- Go through the regular ‘app creation’ process – Enter an app name, a description, all the relevant details.
- Congratulations! You’ve created a wallpaper app. When users open it, they’ll get the album.
- They’ll be able to select the photo they want and add it as wallpaper.
Be sure to let us know which wallpaper apps you’ve made. The AppsGeyser crew LOVES new wallpapers for our phones and tablets!
Tags: App Creator